Welcome to my blog. I hope you enjoy reading about my artwork and things that are important to me. Please check out my website at www.maryloudauray.com.

Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Moving along with painting!

In yesterday's blog I showed two photos of a large piece (4 1/2' x 4 1/2') that I am working on.  Since the oil paint was not dry today, I decided to paint on a smaller piece of paper (20"h x 30"w) that had a quickly rendered old painting on it..a waterfall of sorts.  
After painting for a few hours today, this is the result.. a waterfall that has turned to a mix of ice and water flowing.  Many years ago I started doing geometric, hard-edged watercolors and I think that some of this edge detailing is evident in this painting.  Here is the new one I painted today which is titled "Flow" (until I can think of a better name)!
Next is one of my earlier watercolors where there is some sharp edge detailing.  This picture is entitled "Australia 1"--a memory of a visit to the area around Uluru-Kata Tjuta--Ayers Rock in central Australia--where the shadows were deep and the rocks red..a very powerful place.

1 comment:

  1. mary lou. your work is exquisite. it's amazing to be able to witness your development as an artist.

    ReplyDelete