Welcome to my blog. I hope you enjoy reading about my artwork and things that are important to me. Please check out my website at www.maryloudauray.com.

Friday, June 13, 2014

COAL EMISSIONS AND MY IPAD

Here is some art created on my iPad of three coal plant smokestacks billowing with polluted smoke.  



Now here is the same work of art photoshopped!


Did you know that “coal plants are responsible for more than half of the US human-caused emissions of mercury?  Just 1/70th of a teaspoon of mercury deposited on a 25-acre lake can make the first unsafe to eat.  A typical uncontrolled coal plan emits approximately 170 pounds of mercury each year.  However, activated carbon injection technology can reduce mercury emissions by up to 90 percent when combined with baghouses.  ACI (control) technology is currently found on just 8 percent of the US coal fleet”.   (from Union of Concerned Scientists)


1 comment:

  1. These "paintings" from your iPad are both stunning and compelling!

    ReplyDelete