Welcome to my blog. I hope you enjoy reading about my artwork and things that are important to me. Please check out my website at www.maryloudauray.com.

Thursday, March 10, 2011

Another Step Forward

Yes--many are stepping forward right now--standing tall for what they believe in.  Step by hopeful step--and I return to working on my painting--wondering what can I do to let my voice be heard?
So I continue putting brush to paper--glazing, spattering and choosing colors.  This second flip-flop that I am doing steps forward...is moving on.  
Today, I began to read an insightful book recommended by a very perceptive art teacher, gail McDaniel.  The Art Spirit, by Robert Henri, was published in 1923 and his words are helping me feel as though I am part of a greater group.   He says "through art mysterious bonds of understanding and of knowledge are established..."
I recommend this book to all artists and I plan to include more of his comments in future blogs.


Another step forward on my second flip-flop painting--days four and five!

No comments:

Post a Comment