Welcome to my blog. I hope you enjoy reading about my artwork and things that are important to me. Please check out my website at www.maryloudauray.com.

Thursday, December 9, 2010

The Night I Saw Leonard Cohen

Leonard Cohen graced us at a memorable concert in Portland, Oregon on December 9, 2010.  What a night!  We were among the approximately 6,000 fans who loved every moment of his almost 3 1/2 hours on stage.  Not bad for someone who is 76!
We were fortunate to go backstage post performance and some of the performers and crew tasted  Rex Hill wines from Newberg, Oregon.  (Leonard did not have any since he does not drink wine, if you are curious about that fact!) These great Pinot Noirs and Chardonnay and Pinot Gris  are made by Sam Tannahill and Cheryl Francis--outstanding winemakers!
Check out the web site:  www.rexhill.com and, while you are at it, the website of www.atozwineworks.com  whose moniker is:  "Aristocratic Wines at Democratic Prices"!

3 comments:

  1. so you traveled all the way to Portland just to see him? Wait...but of course! That's what you do!! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a treat! I love Leonard Cohen ever since I heard him for the first time. Wish I had been there. A great moment to remember. And it reminds me of one of my "hero" highlights about a decade ago, when a mutual friend took me to an after-the-concert reception so Peter,Paul, and Mary (z"l) could meet their rabbi. Next time you are heading to Portland, come a little farther and visit me in Seattle. All the best for the New Year.

    ReplyDelete